These delicious and hearty Beef Stroganoff Meatballs are a great dinner idea! Ready in less than 1 hour!
– – – – – –
Oh man, the last few weeks have absolutely kicked me in the pants. So many annoying and trying things coming at me all at once, but the worst, the WORST was my toothache. I have never, in the history of ever, felt pain like that. I have had babies and surgeries and nothing compared to the pain of this toothache. Honestly, it rendered me completely useless…I haven’t been able to sleep, or work or talk or really do anything because the pain just took over. But I’m hopeful that I have turned the corner and am now on the mend…please let me have turned the corner, because whoa, am I tired. And hungry. All I’ve been able to eat is soup with nothing in it…just broth or plain cream soups. UGH. What I’m really craving are hearty and delicious dishes like these Beef Stroganoff Meatballs.
These meatballs are one of my favourite comfort foods, and all I really want right now are foods that make me feel good and fill me up. Because soup everyday all day just doesn’t cut it. I want these Beef Stroganoff Meatballs on my plate right now…I just love the rich and hearty flavour of the sauce combined with the meatballs and pasta…so delicious.
This recipe is pretty easy to assemble so you can even enjoy it on a busy weeknight. The whole process from making the meatballs, to making the sauce and cooking the pasta, takes just under 1 hour! So start at 5, and dinner is ready for 6. I also love that this dish is made with ingredients you likely already have at home. Simple, hearty and delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup minute oats
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 can consomme
- 1 cup sour cream
Making the Meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ground beef, minced onion, egg, oats, milk and salt & pepper.
- Shape into meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches round.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the centres are not pink.
Making the Sauce:
- While the meatballs are baking, you can start the sauce.
- In a skillet brown the onions in butter.
- Once the onions are done, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ketchup and consomme. Stir and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream.
Putting it all together:
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over noodles!
Recipe adapted from The Best of Bridge.
- If you love mushrooms with your beef stroganoff, feel free to add them. Just add 2 cups of sliced mushrooms and cook them with the onions and butter, until soft and the liquid has disappeared. Then proceed with the recipe as is.
- You can serve these Beef Stroganoff Meatballs with pasta, or if you prefer, mashed potatoes.
- For a complete meal, serve with a simple green salad, or green veggie.
- I also have a chicken option if you prefer this to beef. Just click here for that recipe.
I hope you try this and love it as much as we do!
Have a delicious day!