These delicious and hearty Beef Stroganoff Meatballs are a great dinner idea! Ready in less than 1 hour!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup minute oats (or bread crumbs)
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 can consomme
- 1 cup sour cream
Making the Meatballs:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the ground beef, minced onion, egg, oats, milk and salt & pepper.
- Shape into meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches round.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the centres are not pink.
Making the Sauce:
- While the meatballs are baking, you can start the sauce.
- In a skillet brown the onions in butter.
- Once the onions are done, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ketchup and consomme. Stir and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream.
Putting it all together:
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over noodles!
- Category: Beef