These Chocolate Cream Cheese Cupcakes are rich and so delicious. Chocolate and cream cheese are a match made in heaven!
Step #1: Cream cheese topping
- 1 – 8 oz package cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Step #2: Chocolate cupcake batter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Step #1 – Cream cheese topping:
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, egg and sugar. Mix until it is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and combine.
- Set aside.
Step #2 – Chocolate cupcake batter:
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, soda and salt.
- Combine water, oil, vinegar and vanilla, then add to the dry mixture.
- Mix well, until the batter is smooth.
Step #3: Filling the Muffin Cups & Baking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffing cups.
- Fill the muffin cups with the chocolate cupcake batter about 1/3 to 1/2 full.
- Then drop a large spoonful of the cheese mix on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Don’t be tempted to eat them when they are warm! They need a few hours to sit to let the flavour settle in! Even better? Wait until the next day!