Make this Black Lace Earring Holder in just minutes with a few simple supplies.
This weekend was very productive for me! Thank goodness, but I do believe my blogging mojo may just be back! Whew. I don’t know where it went, but good thing it seems not to have disappeared for life! I’m chalking it up to the dreary time of year it is here, and the fact that January/February were a little tough on me emotionally, but now the sun is finally coming out of the clouds. Woot woot!
The first project I took on was just a little one, but for me it had big impact. I love those kinds of projects! A while back you might remember I made this jewelry jungle. And while I do like it, it didn’t quite work the way I wanted it too. I needed something to hold all the earrings that I have, including those with backings on them. Plus, I found that the metal wire was a bit harsh on my earrings, so I also wanted something a little softer. So I made this!
I used lace and made an embroidery hoop holder! I have seen these pinned all over Pinterest, and I thought it was such a great idea! Perfect for earrings with backings, and hanging earrings. The fabric is soft and pretty, and won’t damage my jewelry. AND it looks so pretty hanging on my bathroom wall!
So simple. So pretty.
- The lace cost me less than $1.
- I already had the embroidery hoop, but if you were to buy one they are about $2.
- I used spray paint I already had on hand.
- So the total cost for me, for this was less than $5. LOVE!
What you need:
- embroidery hoop
- spray paint or paint for the hoop
How to put it all together:
- First I sprayed the embroidery hoop black, because I wanted it to blend in with the fabric.
- Then I stretched the lace fabric over the hoop. And done. That’s it. SO easy!
Here’s the view of it hanging on my bathroom wall. I really really love how it turned out!
– – –
Lace is so sassy and fun, and makes the perfect medium for holding jewelry. Now I’m just trying to figure out where else to use this stuff! It’s too pretty not to have on display… wink wink
Have a pretty day!