- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard (or Dijon is amazing too!)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 8 slices of pumpernickel bread (thickly sliced)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 oz Black Forest ham
- 4 oz Brie cheese
- In a bowl mix together the mustard, parsley and lemon zest.
- Brush one side of each of the slices of bread with olive oil.
- Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the insides of the bread slices (the side without the oil).
- Add the ham and Brie cheese.
- Cover with a slice of bread (olive oil side out). Press together gently.
- Cook in a preheated panini press or skillet. If you are using a skillet, flip the sandwiches once and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy right away!