- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar (See tips below.)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups broccoli, cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 slices cooked and chopped bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and separated
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
Make the dressing first:
- In a saucepan, whisk eggs, sugar, cornstarch and mustard.
- Add vinegar and water and cook slowly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise. Cool slightly.
Making the salad:
- Toss the dressing and the broccoli together, then refrigerate for a few hours, to marinate.
- When you are ready to serve the salad, toss in the remaining ingredients.
Recipe from the Best of Bridge
- If you don’t have white wine vinegar, you can use white balsamic vinegar. Or regular white vinegar: if you are using regular white vinegar, just dilute it a tiny bit with water, and add a bit of sugar. Works perfectly!