- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped red & green glace cherries
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until it is very soft.
- Then add the flour, 1 cup at a time, and beat well each time.
- Chop the cherries in to small pieces, and add them to the batter. Mix well.
- You will find the dough quite dry, but don’t worry it’s supposed to be like that. Just mix the dough with your hands until if firms up into a ball.
- Once the dough is firm, roll it in wax paper to make a log 2″ in diameter. Wrap tightly. You may even want to split the dough into 2 logs. One batch to bake now, and one to bake later!
- Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the log into 1/4″ slices, and bake for ~10 minutes.