This Buttermilk French Toast is an easy, quick and delicious breakfast! The buttermilk adds a soft and tasty tang to classic french toast. It’s our favourite.
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp sugar (more if you like)
- 1 loaf of sliced bread, we like a thicker sliced bread for french toast
- Preheat a skillet on medium heat.
- In a bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and sugar.
- Dip the sliced bread into the milk/egg mixture, coating each side. If you like your french toast firm, coat your bread quickly. If you like it a little less firm (soggy), soak it.
- Cook on skillet for about 4 minutes per side, until each side is golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup.