These Cake Doughnut Muffins are a delicious and easy homemade snack! A sweet light cinnamon flavoured muffin with a scrumptious cinnamon sugar mix on top!
– – – – – – –
There are fewer ingredients in life that go together better than cake, cinnamon and sugar. And these Cake Doughnut Muffins are basically these 3 ingredients…and they’re delicious. And don’t they just sound so warm and squishy?! Cake. Doughnut. Muffin. My 3 favourite things all in one recipe. Life is good.
This is a great recipe for those days when you need something to snack on or something for the kids lunches, because almost everyone likes them. And they’re easy to make with simple ingredients you likely have in your pantry already. In fact they’re so easy, you should have your kids make them, they’re a great beginner baking recipe.
My kids have finally reached that age where they are big helpers in the kitchen. They’re old enough to complete a recipe from beginning to end without much involvement from me. At first I actually found it kind of hard to have them take over in the kitchen, but I have learned to embrace and really appreciate it. If they want to bake cookies or make lunch, I’m all for it. Their contribution to our family in ways like this are invaluable. It takes a lot of pressure off of me, and provides great learning for them. I love it. My daughter has turned into quite the baker…she’s made some cookies that rival mine for sure! Love that.
In fact, my daughter made these muffins, and they’re delicious! Don’t they look great?
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious muffin recipe, this one is for you! These are also SO good with raspberry jam spread on them. Yum yum yum. I hope you enjoy them! – – – ———-
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, egg and milk.
- Add the milk mix to the flour mix and gently combine. Don’t over mix the batter or the muffins will be chewy.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cups, then fill them about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
While the muffins are baking, make the topping: the melted butter and cinnamon/sugar are to be prepared separate!
- First melt the butter in one bowl.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- As soon as the muffins come out of the oven, remove them from the tin.
- Dip muffin tops in butter, then dip in sugar/cinnamon mix.