These Candy Cane Crumble Nutella Cookies are a perfect holiday treat! Easy to make and eat!
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- For the fun part, put the candy canes into a ziplock bag, and using a heavy ladle (or hammer), crush the canes, but don’t pulverize them! Hammer out your holiday frustrations!! Crush. Crush. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
- In another bowl cream together the butter and sugars, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the Nutella and mix again until smooth.
- To the Nutella mix, add the flour mix in 3 parts, alternating with the milk. Mix well.
- Refrigerate your batter for at least 15 minutes.
- After the batter has cooled, it is ready to go.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then take 1 tablespoon of the batter and roll it into a ball, and space them about 1 1/2 inches apart. Lightly press down the ball. Bake for ~10 minutes.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, make a well in the centre of the cookie with your finger, by lightly pressing down, and add about 1/2 tsp of the candy cane crumble.
- Let cool.