Hello friends! Today I wanted to share a recipe with you that is a family favourite!
This Caramel Corn is actually my Grandma’s recipe that I remember my Mom making during the holiday season. Every year I looked forward to it, and now I make it for my family who love it as much as I did! I absolutely love recipes that get passed down through the generations…there’s something so special about sharing a recipe with your loved ones that generations before you have been enjoying too. Love that SO very much.
So now I pass along to you our family’s Caramel Corn. This popcorn is creamy, chewy and delicious! I hope you try it and love it!
This caramel corn is also perfect for gift giving or simply just enjoying with your family during a movie night! It’s quick and easy to make and it’s crazy delicious! Trust me when I say this treat will get devoured. I seriously could eat this all by my lonesome!Print
- 11/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup pecans & almonds (optional)
- Pop your popcorn. Then measure out about 8 cups and spread it out onto a large cookie sheet.
- If you wish to add nuts to your popcorn, you might want to toast them in a 350 degree oven for 2-5 minutes, watching them very carefully. Toasting them brings out amazing flavour! When the nuts are toasted, sprinkle them over the popped popcorn. Set aside.
- Now on to the caramel! In a saucepan melt the butter, then add the sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Continue to boil, stirring occasionally until the mixture turns caramel coloured.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Then pour the caramel over the popcorn and nuts. Using a fork, gently mix, and separate into clusters.
- You can eat it at this point while it’s soft and warm, or you can let it cool and enjoy it later.
- Store in a tightly closed container.
Deeeelish! I hope your holiday season is full of cheer and much deliciousness!
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Have a delicious day!