These Cheesy Mexican Stuffed Peppers are filled with healthy ground chicken, black beans, tomatoes, onions and garlic. Baked, then topped with loads of cheese!
- 1 lb extra-lean ground chicken
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 4 green peppers
- 1 oz can diced tomatoes (undrained, 28 fl /796 mL)
- 1 oz can black beans (rinsed, 19 fl /540 mL)
- 1 cup Cracker Barrel Shredded Tex Mex Cheese
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook chicken, onions, garlic and seasonings in large skillet on medium-high heat 7 to 9 min. or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Cut tops off peppers; chop tops, then stir into chicken mixture along with the tomatoes and beans. Cook 5 to 6 min. or until slightly thickened, stirring frequently. Meanwhile, remove cores and seeds from pepper shells; stand, fill sides up, in shallow pan.
- Spoon chicken mixture into peppers. Add enough water to pan to fill to 1/2-inch depth around peppers; cover.
- Bake 40 min. Carefully remove peppers from pan; drain water. Return peppers to pan. Top with cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted.