- 1 round sourdough loaf
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced (you can add more garlic if you like things extra garlicky!))
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups of Armstrong Extra-Old Cheddar (sliced thinly)
- Cut into the loaf of bread, being careful to only cut 3/4 of the way through, and create a grid pattern of the cuts, with each cut being about an inch apart. Think of a grid pattern.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, then add the minced garlic and simmer for about 1 minute. Don’t boil the butter mixture, just lightly meld the flavours together.
- Using a spoon drizzle the garlic butter mixture into the cuts in the bread until the butter is all gone. Make sure to get it into all the cuts!
- Then tuck the sliced cheese into all of the cuts in the loaf (see the above picture). If you want it extra cheesy, feel free to add more cheese!
- Wrap the bread in tin foil and bake for 30 – 45 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- If you want the bread to crispen up, bake it for about 10 more minutes with the foil removed.