- 3 medium boneless (skinless chicken breasts)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh (juice of one medium lemon))
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 2 fresh yellow peppers
Optional vegetable additions:
- 1 inch red onion (cut into 1/2 squares)
- 1 inch small zucchini (cut into 1/2 squares)
- 1 cup whole mushrooms (cut in half)
- Cut chicken into 11/2 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour on the fresh lemon juice, olive oil and white wine. Toss to coat chicken pieces.
- Scatter the finely minced garlic and cilantro over the chicken and toss well.
- Cover the dish or seal the bag, and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour, preferably over night.
- Cut peppers into 1 inch squares.
- Soak eight wooden skewers in warm water for 20-30 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers alternating with yellow peppers and any additional vegetables you would like.
- Place the skewers on plate and baste with any remaining marinade.
- Heat your grill to medium-high.
- Grill kabobs until lightly browned and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees C, approximately 7-10 minutes per side. Baste along the way with any leftover marinade and turn half-way through cooking.