- 1 – 340 g pkg spaghettini
- 2 cups snow peas (thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 small cucumber (sliced diagonally)
- 2 cups napa cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1 cup red pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 ripe avocado (sliced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- wasabi to taste
Making the noodle salad:
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain well. Rinse under cold water until well chilled. Transfer to large bowl and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook snow peas and edamame until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse under cold water until well chilled, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, halve the cucumber lengthwise and use the end of a spoon to scoop and discard seeds, then cut the cucumber into julienne strips.
Making the Ginger-Wasabi Dressing:
- Whisk together rice vinegar, canola oil, soy sauce, lemon juice and zest, brown sugar, sesame oil and ginger. Season with wasabi to taste.
Putting the salad together:
- Add the cucumber, snow peas, edamame, napa cabbage, red pepper, green onions and avocado to noodles then toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and black sesame seeds.
Tip: If you have time, you can chill the noodle dish by refrigerating for 1 to 4 hours.