Thumbprint Cookies are a must for your Christmas treat plate! And double the batch because they’re going to get eaten fast!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- raspberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and combine.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
- Add the flour mix to the butter/sugar mix and combine.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place them on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Then remove from the oven and make an indent in the ball (circular to hold the jam).
- Add about a 1/4 to 1/2 a tsp of raspberry jam to the indent.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes more.