Sometimes there is just nothing better than a good old fashioned dessert likeApple Crisp. It’s sweet, creamy, apple-y and cinnamon-y. Yes. Please. And I will eat it for breakfast too. But only after the kids are in school so that I don’t have to share…oops, did I say that out loud? 😉
- 4 cups peeled and chopped apples (bite size pieces)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water or apple juice
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl combine chopped apples, lemon juice, sugar and water. Stir.
- Let the apple mix rest while you make the crumble topping. Make sure to stir it a couple of times.
- While the apple mix is resting, in a separate bowl combine the flour, oats, salt and sugar.
- Pour the melted butter over the oat mix, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the apple mix to an oven proof dish (a 1.6L casserole dish works great).
- Crumble the oat mix on top of the apples. Do NOT stir.
- Bake uncovered, for 40 minutes.
Apple Crisp Recipe Tips!
- For extra nutrition you can add chopped nuts, hemp hearts or wheat germ to your crumble topping mixture (before baking).
- This recipe can be served warm or cold. And with cream, whip cream or ice cream!
- Apple Crisp is the perfect dessert to go with Roasted Chicken!