It is a widely known fact that I have a love affair with all things coconut. Coconut cream tarts, coconut in soups, cookies, granola, coconut sugar scrubs, coconut cake, Pina Coladas, coconut coconut coconut. If you do a search for coconut on my site here, the list is like 5 pages long. Can’t get enough. Seriously.
So guess what I went and made? A Coconut Pound Cake with Coconut Sugar Glaze. Whoa nelly, this is a great cake. And it’s one of the easiest to make…no muss no fuss. This cake is wonderful for dessert, or served with coffee & tea with your friends.
Or just make it any day you need a cake fix. Kind of like how it was for me yesterday…crabby comments, parenting challenges, information overload, thinking too much, skin breakouts, a messy house….some days just call for cake don’t they?
Just a simply delicious moist cake with a light coconut flavour.
I can’t even tell you how good it smells as it’s coming out of the oven. You’ll just want to shmoosh your face into the pan. No, you will.
Then add some coconut sugar glaze and this cake is elevated to the next level.Print
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a Bundt pan by buttering the pan and lightly dusting with flour. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add vanilla, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and coconut flakes.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 of the coconut milk. Repeat until all combined.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
Putting it all together:
- Once the cake has baked, let it cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate, and drizzle on the coconut glaze, and sprinkle with sweetened shredded coconut. If you like, you can even toast the coconut then sprinkle it on.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
I’m willing to bet this cake won’t survive one day in your house. Ask me how I know… 😉
Thank you for stopping in for cake today! I’m always so happy to have you here!