Cowboy Caviar is a hearty, healthy and delicious appetizer! Feeds a crowd too! Serve it with tortilla chips, fresh salsa and cilantro. So good.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1 – 2 tbsp large avocados, chopped and mixed with 3 fresh lime juice
- 5 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream, less if you wish…start with 1/2 cup
- 2 – 4 tbsp of homemade taco seasoning, season to taste. See Notes
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Let sit for at least one hour in fridge before serving. You can serve it right away, but if you let it rest, the flavours all come together so nicely!
- Serve and enjoy with tortilla chips!
- If you don’t want to make your own taco seasoning, you can just use a premixed package of taco seasoning. Just omit any extra salt that you might add.
- You can make this recipe a day ahead.
- Category: Appetizer