These Cranberry Cream Cheese & Turkey Stuffed Mushrooms are a delicious holiday appetizer. And they are quick and easy to prepare!
- 24 cremini mushrooms (you can use button mushrooms too)
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 – 8 oz block cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp ground sage
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Line up the mushrooms on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a skillet, add the ground turkey. Season with the ground sage, salt and pepper. Cook until the turkey is no longer pink, and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, cream the cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce.
- Once the turkey has cooled, mix it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add a tablespoon of the turkey/cream cheese mixture into the centres of the mushrooms.
- Place the tray of mushrooms in the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are baking, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet and add the bread crumbs. Cook until browned.
- When the mushrooms are done baking, remove them from the oven, sprinkle them with the bread crumbs, and garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately!