Looking for recipes to use up those Costco sized bags of Quinoa and Sprouted Bean Trio? I am!
My friend Lori raved about a salad she made using quinoa, so I thought I’d try to make a similar version of it, and came up with this Curry Quinoa & Sprouted Bean Salad. I’ve made this salad twice now, and it’s got our family stamp of approval! You can eat this as a meal in itself, or as a side dish.
Delish, versatile, and so healthy!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1-2 cups cooked sprouted beans (or you can use chickpeas or black beans)
- 1 small onion (chopped small)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- 2 tsp olive oil
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes. Then taste test. Adjust seasonings as you wish.
- Cook your beans and quinoa in vegetable broth or chicken stock for added nutrition and flavour.
- We have found the sprouted beans to be quite deadly, if you know what I mean. So because of this, I left it up to you to decide how much or how little you want to add. I use 1 heaping cup.
- You can use any vegetables you want in it! For some variation try diced cooked sweet potato, corn, purple cabbage, grated zucchini, chopped garlic… The possibilities are endless!
You might also like this Sprouted Bean Salad recipe!