Last year my sister hosted our family Easter dinner, and as always it was amazing! She is a fantastic cook, and always serves up the most delicious snacks and dinners…honestly, we always look forward to food at her house…yum!
Her dinner at Easter was no exception! It was so great that I wanted to share it with you. So this post is a little recap of one of my most favourite appetizers that she served – devilled eggs – as well as her gorgeous Easter table setting!
Come on in for some Delicious Devilled Eggs & An Easter Table!
One of my most favourite appetizers were her devilled eggs. They’re so creamy and delicious, not to mention pretty…she even managed to make devilled eggs look pretty!
Such a classic Easter treat! Delish!Print
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2-4 tsp Dijon mustard (to taste)
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp minced shallots
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- pinch of curry powder
- 6 drops hot red pepper sauce
- paprika for garnish
- chives for garish
- Boil your eggs, then let them cool completely. You could even boil them the day before you want to make your devilled eggs. Once the eggs are completely cooled, shell them, then cut them in half lengthwise, careful to leave the whites intact.
- Carefully remove the yolks, and place them in a bowl.
- In the bowl, mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, shallots, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, curry powder and hot sauce.
- Spoon or pipe the egg yolk mixture into the indent of the egg whites, mounding the mixture slightly. If you wish to pipe the mixture in, use a star tip on a pastry tube.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika, and a couple of cut chives.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve (they are best served cooled).
Recipe adapted from the Joy of Cooking
Now moving on to her Easter table setting. I love how simple & classic she makes everything. My sis has an amazing sense of style! I keep telling her she should have a blog haha!
I love the natural textures mixed with the blue, brushed silver and white! SO simple & fresh!
Add some fresh tulips and the table is complete! Gorgeous!
Now we’re ready for dinner!
With Easter not too far away now, I hope you may have found some entertaining inspiration here!
More Delicious Easter Food Ideas:
- For Dessert: Lemon Meringue Tart
- For Dessert: Easter Egg Bark
- For Dessert: Layered Carrot Cake
- For Dessert: Peanut Butter Confetti Cake
- For Brunch: Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Salad: 7 Layer Salad
- Salad: Pea Salad with Radishes & Feta
- Side Dish: Roasted Asparagus