Make these Easy Apple Turnovers with Cheese as a simple and delicious dessert or snack! Use a pre-made puff pastry for extra ease.
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 – 12x12 sheets of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp milk
- cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup shredded Le Gré des Champs cheese (a swiss cheese)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- In a sauce pan over low/medium heat, add the chopped apples, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch and water. Stir and cook until the apples are soft and the mixture is thickened.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 6 even squares.
- Spoon out 2 tsp of the apple mixture into the centres of the pastry squares. Then fold the dough over making them into triangles.
- Press the edges of each pastry with a fork to seal them.
- Brush the sealed pastries with the milk, then generously sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Then sprinkle on the shredded cheese (as shown above).
- Bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 12 – 15 minutes. Make sure to watch them to make sure they don’t burn. The pastries should be golden brown when done.