Good day friends! Thank you for stopping by today! I love having you all here so much! I wanted to share with you a salad that we recently devoured. I know you’ve all seen these Caprese salads before, but sometimes the most simple salads and side dishes get overlooked and forgotten! So I’m here to remind us all! Get this on to your summer plates! 😉
This past weekend we celebrated Canada’s birthday at the lake with my parents (you may have seen some of our fun on Instagram). We love going there SO much! Our weekend was jam packed full of boat rides, swimming, sunning, s’mores, campfires and food. SO much good food, including this Easy Caprese Salad. We (actually my husband) made this salad one night to go along with BBQ ribs and corn on the cob, and it was just too pretty not to share! Doesn’t this salad look amazing?! There is just something about a Caprese salad that makes everyone devour it!
There are many ways to make this salad, including the mini tomato and mini bocconcini cheese version I made a while back. But the same stands true for all caprese salads – they’re fresh, easy to make and they’re bursting with flavour. Caprese salads are perfect for those hot days when you’re pressed for time…just take 5 minutes and make one, then serve it alongside some BBQ meat. Dinner is served!Print
- 6 cups vine ripened tomatoes (or 2 of grape tomatoes)
- Bocconcini cheese
- leaves large handful of fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar or a balsamic vinegar reduction
- olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- Slice tomatoes and bocconcini cheese. Or we like to tear up the cheese instead – it’s a really nice texture when you eat it like this.
- On a platter, layer the tomatoes, bocconcini cheese and basil leaves.
- Drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar, or a balsamic vinegar reduction.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve & enjoy!
– – – –
– – – – – – – –
Major deliciousness going on here. You need to add this to your summer menu! Enjoy!