- 4 boneless (skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 can consomme
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
- In a sauce pan brown the onions and mushrooms in butter, until soft and the liquid has disappeared.
- Then stir the flour into the onion/mushroom mix and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the ketchup and consomme, and cook until the sauce is thick.
- Add the sour cream and mix well. Set aside while you cook the chicken.
- In a separate frying pan, cook the chicken in a tablespoon of olive oil, and season with salt & pepper. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the egg noodles according to the package directions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add it to the sauce and simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked egg noodles in a baking dish, then pour the chicken/sauce over noodles.
- At this point you can put the dish in the oven at 300 degrees until it is time to eat (no longer than 15 – 20 minutes).