- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sweet rice wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp minced gingeroot
- orange zest
- 4 chicken breasts (cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 2 carrots (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 2 celery sticks (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (including the juice)
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a saucepan, and cook on medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Prep the chicken and the vegetables, and put them into a ziplock bag or some other container. (I like to use ziplock bags so you can just throw the bag out after, without having to worry about cleaning up after raw chicken.)
- Once the marinade has cooled, add it to the chicken/veggie mix. Combine. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook it. To transfer it for camping, just make sure to keep it in a cooler with ice.
- Cook over the fire in a skillet (or if you are at home, just cook it on the stove in a frying pan)
Serve over rice, which you can also cook over the fire!