It’s true, these oat bars are Even Better Than Starbucks Oat Bars! Made with simple ingredients you can have a batch ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes.
I have loved Starbuck Oat Bars for ever. They’re just SO delicious…oat-y, sweet and rich, but expensive when you end up buying one every time you grab a coffee. So I knew I had to find a recipe and make them at home, and that’s exactly what I did. I have tried and tested a few different oat bar recipes over the years, and I’ve finally ended up with a variation of them that we love! Now you can make these oat bars at home too.
These oat bars are made with the most simple ingredients, all of which you likely have in your pantry already. Quick oats, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk…the combination is decadent!
They’re so simple to make too…with just a few minutes of prep, and 15 or so minutes of baking time, they’re ready to be cut into 25 bite-sized bars, or 15 bigger bars.
Delicious, chewy, and oat-y. These nut-free bars are perfect for lunch boxes, snacking and with your morning coffee or tea. Enjoy!
Oat Bar Recipe Tips:
- These bars are a little crumbly. Just make sure to get the oat mixture batter patted down into the pan really well before baking. Patted down and right into the corners of the pan.
- If you want to use less sugar, try using 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Make sure to use quick oats, not rolled oats!
- These oat bars freeze well.
It’s true, these oat bars are Even Better Than Starbucks Oat Bars! Made with simple ingredients you can have a batch ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes!
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- Take 1 1/2 cups of these oats and pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds, until they are like coarse meal.
- Set aside the remaining 2 cups of quick oats.
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 square baking tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- As mentioned above, take 1 1/2 cups out of the 3 1/2 cups of quick oats and pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds, until they are like coarse meal.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ground oats with the remaining 2 cups of quick oats.
- Mix in a dash of salt, and set aside the oat mix.
- In a sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Then stir in the brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until combined. Be careful not to boil the mixture, you just want everything combined, but not cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the sugar mixture to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the parchment paper lined baking tin, making sure to spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. The edges should be slightly golden brown.
- Let the squares cool for about 10 minutes, then remove them from the pan and cut into 25 squares.
More Delicious Recipes Made with Sweetened Condensed Milk:
Date Granola Bars Coming Soon
Have a delicious day!