It’s true, these oat bars are Even Better Than Starbucks Oat Bars! Made with simple ingredients you can have a batch ready to enjoy in less than 30 minutes!
- 3 1/2 cups quick oats
- Take 1 1/2 cups of these oats and pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds, until they are like coarse meal.
- Set aside the remaining 2 cups of quick oats.
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line an 8×8 square baking tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- As mentioned above, take 1 1/2 cups out of the 3 1/2 cups of quick oats and pulse them in a food processor for a few seconds, until they are like coarse meal.
- In a mixing bowl combine the ground oats with the remaining 2 cups of quick oats.
- Mix in a dash of salt, and set aside the oat mix.
- In a sauce pan over low heat, melt the butter.
- Then stir in the brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until combined. Be careful not to boil the mixture, you just want everything combined, but not cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the sugar mixture to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the parchment paper lined baking tin, making sure to spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes. The edges should be slightly golden brown.
- Let the squares cool for about 10 minutes, then remove them from the pan and cut into 25 squares.
- Category: Snack