These Prosciutto, Basil, Fig Jam & Goat Cheese Crostinis are a simple and quick appetizer that is perfect for the holidays! A delicious 5 minute appetizer!
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt (sea or Kosher)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces plain goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 small jar of fig jam
- slices of prosciutto
- leaves fresh basil
Prepping the Crostini Bread:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice your baguette in to 1/2 inch thick pieces. I like to cut mine at an angle.
- Brush each piece with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the bread is lightly browned and crisp.
- When they done, let them cool completely.
Putting the Crostinis Together:
Basically you need: 1 tbsp goat cheese, 1 tbsp fig jam, 1/2 slice of prosciutto and 1 basil leaf per crostini.
- Spread on about 1 tbsp goat cheese.
- Then spread on about 1 tbsp fig jam.
- Roll together 1/2 slice of prosciutto with 1 basil leaf, and place it on top of the fig jam.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy!
I also considered using apricot jam for this appetizer…that was my back up plan in case I couldn’t find fig jam. I think apricot jam would be delicious too!