I have been making this bread for all of my married life. In fact, I am still using the same bread machine!
Yes, this is a bread machine recipe. Can it get any easier than that?! I love a yummy, easy recipe…
But this is actually the first year that I have not used the machine to bake the bread, and instead I just make the dough, shape it myself and bake it in the oven.
I discovered that I prefer shaping the dough and baking it myself – I like the results so much better!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp soft butter or margarine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 2/3 cup cranberries
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped apricots (about 10-15)
- Put all of the ingredients, except the raisins and fruit, into the bread machine in the order listed above.
If you are baking your bread in your bread machine choose the 'Bread' setting.
- Then add the raisins and fruit at the 'Fruit & Nut' signal.
- Let it bake!
If you wish to bake your bread in your oven, choose the 'Dough' setting.
- After the dough is ready, remove it from the bread machine, and on a lightly floured surface, knead in the raisins and fruit.
- Shape your dough as you wish (I shape mine in an oval).
- Grease a cookie sheet, and put the dough onto the pan.
- Now you have to let the dough rise before baking:
- To do this, turn on your oven for 1 minute at 200 degrees, then immediately shut it off.
- Then place your dough in the oven and let it rise until it doubles in size (about 1 hour).
- After this time, remove the dough from the oven, then preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake your bread for 20-25 minutes.
(Recipe from the Safeway Select Magazine)
Look how delish this is!
Go ahead, make some!
This Chick Cooks, Remodelaholic, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, The Country Cook, At the Picket Fence