Well, it’s official. Summer is over and the kids are back to school! Can I get a woot woot?! hahaha
Actually, I’m having a love/hate feeling about the kids going back. I miss them during the day, but in all reality they’re both home by 3, so we still have a lot of time together. And in efforts to keep things real around here, my kids were going stir crazy. Crrrazy. They were missing their friends, and were really needing to get their brains active again. So for that, I’m happy to have them back at school. Plus, I’ve been looking forward to getting our home back into a routine. I like routine. It keeps me calm… 😉
So with the kids out of the house, it’s time for me to get my baking on, and I’m bringing out all my fall spices to do it!
What says fall better than ginger and cinnamon? How about Gingersnap Raisin Muffins? Mmmmmm. These muffins are spicy, moist and so good! And they’d be perfect with a spot of tea! Actually, these would be great for Christmas time too…but I digress…I’m not going to go to that time of year just yet. 😉
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp ginger (more if you want it very ginger-y)
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped candied ginger, optional
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add the egg and molasses and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar/molasses mix and combine.
- Slowly add the hot water and mix until smooth.
- Add the raisins and candied ginger.
- Fill 8 muffin cups for 8 large muffins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Muffin Mania
What you baking up? Have a delicious day!