- 1 lb of carrots (which is about 2 1/2 cups of carrots cut into 1/2 inch rounds)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 – 2 tbsp fresh herbs like dill or tarragon (optional)
- Cut the carrots into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Put them into a saucepan and add the butter, sugar and salt to taste.
- Then add enough water to just barely cover the carrots.
- Bring the carrots to a boil, and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until the liquid has reduced into a syrup like glaze, and the carrots are tender. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- If the carrots are tender, but the liquid is not syrupy yet, remove the carrots (put them in a serving dish) then cook the liquid until it is like a syrup.
- If the liquid is syrupy but the carrots are not cooked, just add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water and cook until the carrots are tender.
- When the carrots are done, you can serve them as is, or toss them with fresh herbs.