This Greek Chicken Bowl Recipe is a fun, delicious and healthy dinner idea! Serve everything buffet style so everyone can create their own dinner bowl.
Recipe Shortcut Tip: To save time, buy pre-marinated Greek chicken breasts from your grocery store.
- 4 – 5 chicken breasts, marinated in a Greek marinade (or buy them pre-marinated)
- 1 cup dried orzo
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 – 2 cups sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 – 2 cups sliced cucumbers
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup black olives
- crumbled feta cheese
- lemon wedges
- Greek salad dressing
- Make a Greek marinade, or use a Greek Salad dressing to marinate your chicken. Let them marinate for at least 3 hours, or even overnight. Recipe Shortcut Tip: buy pre-marinated Greek chicken breasts from your grocery store.
- After the chicken has marinated, grill them until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Slice the cooked chicken into pieces for serving.
- While the chicken is cooking, you can make the orzo.
- In a saucepan over low to medium heat, melt the 1 tbsp butter then add the orzo.
- Stir and cook the orzo until it is slightly golden.
- Add 2 cups of water, turn down the heat to low, and simmer the orzo until the water is gone.
Greek Chicken Bowl:
- Prepare all of the fresh ingredients and put them into their own serving bowls (buffet style).
Putting everything together:
- Place out all of the bowls of prepared ingredients, and let everyone make their own Greek chicken bowl!
- Sprinkle on crumbled feta cheese.
- Drizzle on tzatziki sauce and Greek salad dressing.