This time of year makes me restless.
I want the heat of summer. I want the wind to go away. I don’t want the threat of snow anymore.
It’s not quite summer, but there are hints of it teasing us. It’s enough to drive one insane!
One of the ways I pretend it is summer is to BBQ. All. The. Time.
It’s like having the BBQ going means that summer has to be here. It has to be here. It has to be here…
I digress…this post is about salad.
Greek Quinoa Salad.
Which, coincidentally goes amazingly with BBQ chicken!
You can’t really go wrong with a good greek salad dressing and what ever salad fixings you like…
…adding quinoa just seemed like the right thing to do. 🙂
Greek Quinoa Salad
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp red vinegar add more or less according to your tastebuds!
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup black olives regular or kalamata
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup cooked & cooled quinoa
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 in tomatoes chopped (or cut a handful of grape tomatoes half)
- 1 tbsp minced red onion
Whisk together all the salad dressing ingredients. Set aside.
In a salad bowl, toss all the salad ingredients with the dressing.
Serve and enjoy!
Dressing recipe adapted from the Joy of Cooking
– – –
- This recipe is perfect for using up leftover quinoa.
- It’s great served with anything BBQ’d, especially roasted chicken.
- You can serve this salad immediately, or it’s even better served after it has sat for a while (an hour or so, or even the next day!)
– – – –