This Ground Chicken & Spinach Noodle Bake has delicious layers of noodles, meat sauce, vegetables and cheese. It’s kind of like a lazy, but lazy-fancy lasagna.
- 3 cups cooked noodles (I used fusilli)
- 6 slices cooked bacon (crumbled)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cups jar prepared spaghetti sauce (or 2 – 3 homemade tomato sauce)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your noodles according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a skillet warm the 1 tbsp olive oil, then add the onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute until soft.
- Stir in the fresh spinach, then transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet you used to cook onion mixture, cook the ground chicken with the chili flakes and salt & pepper.
- Add the cooked chicken mixture to the spinach mix.
- Stir in the cooked and crumbled bacon, ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese.
Time to put it all together:
- In a large baking dish (9×13) spread half of the chicken/cheese mixture onto the bottom of the dish.
- Layer on half of the noodles.
- Spread on half of the pasta sauce.
- Add the remaining chicken mixture.
- Add the remaining noodles.
- Add the remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle on the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.