These Healthy Peanut Butter Pupcakes were a big hit with our family pup! This is a simple & quick recipe to whip up for your furry friend!
– – – – – –
Ok, first I have to say I actually cannot believe I made pupcakes for our dog Molly’s 1st birthday. Seriously, I don’t even recognize myself…if you would have asked me a year or so ago if I would EVER bake cupcakes for a dog I probably would have laughed hysterically. See, I never fancied myself a dog person, but that was until Miss Molly came into our lives.
This furball has worked her way into our hearts, and we cannot imagine our life without her in it. The joy and laughter she has brought to us is priceless. Ya, ya I’m getting sappy. But seriously. Look at her! She was SMILING when we set that cupcake down in front of her (look at the top picture…that’s a happy pup!). Mind you she probably couldn’t believe her luck, because we don’t normally feed her much other than her kibble, and certainly never at the dinner table, so she must have known she was getting something good. Ha! And I’d say these pupcakes were a hit because she gobbled up the two we gave her, really fast. So funny. The kids couldn’t stop laughing!
This is a really simple recipe with ingredients that I feel good about giving her…they contain peanut butter, apples, carrots and oats, then more peanut butter for the frosting. A dog’s dream. And yes, we did try one…they’re pretty good. 😉
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (approx 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup grated apple (approx 1 apple, make sure to remove the core first)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter for frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and oats. Set aside.
- With a mixer combine the egg, vegetable oil, peanut butter and honey.
- Stir in the shredded carrots and grated apple.
- Then mix the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
- Distribute the batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let the pupcakes cool completely, then spread on extra peanut butter for the frosting.
- You can add a dog treat for decoration too!
Recipe slightly adapted from My Vet Animal Hospital
Have a puptastic day!