Make this Homemade Hot Chocolate with just 2 simple ingredients! You’ll never buy mix again!
– – – – – –
Our winter has been SO cold and snowy, and I’m loving every second of it! We’ve been out skating, snowshoeing and tobogganing as much as we can, just enjoying all of the snow. In fact one of my favourite times with my kids are the nights outside at our lake skating…there’s just something so great about being able to do this together. Then we come home and have homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows. LOVE.
I used to think in order to have hot chocolate, I had to have a can of mix that I bought at the store. I have since learned that THE BEST hot chocolate is one you can make right at home with just 2 simple ingredients from your panty. No extra chemicals or colour, just cocoa and sugar, that’s it. And so easy to make too.
You can make 1 cup of hot chocolate with 1 tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp sugar…that’s it. Not much easier than that! And if you want to keep a stash of this mix ready on hand, just mix up a full jar and keep it in your pantry. Then when you want a cup of hot cocoa, add some mix and milk to a saucepan and heat on your stove, or put it in the microwave for about 1 minute. That simple. So yummy!
Ingredients for 1 cup of Hot Chocolate:
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (or more if you like it less sweet)
- For an individual cup of hot chocolate, add 1 tbsp of cocoa, 1 tbsp sugar and 3/4 cup to 1 cup of milk into a saucepan on the stove.
- Heat over low on the stove, whisking often.
- Pour into a mug, add marshmallows and enjoy!
Make a Jar for your Pantry
- If you want to keep the hot chocolate mixture ready to use, you can make a jar of it and keep it in your pantry. It will last for months. Just add equal parts cocoa and sugar to the jar, and mix well. Then add to milk when you want a cup of hot chocolate.
I hope you try this and love it!
Have a delicious day!