Make this simple and delicious Honey Nut Brie Appetizer for your next party! You can have it prepared and on the appetizer table in about 15 minutes!
- 1 Brie cheese wheel
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/3 cup pecans
- slices of baguette
- Chop the pecans, keeping the size coarse. Set aside.
- In a saucepan on low heat melt the butter.
- Stir in the honey and brown sugar, until smooth and the sugar is dissolved. Be careful not to cook the mixture or let it boil or the honey/sugar mix will become too hard. You just want the sugar to dissolve.
- Stir in the chopped pecans.
Serving Option #1:
- You can serve this sauce over a room temperature Brie, if you prefer.
- Just pour the honey/nut mixture over the Brie cheese wheel and serve.
Serving Option #2:
- If you like your Brie soft and a little warm, you can bake this dish as well.
- Just pour the honey/nut mixture over the Brie cheese wheel, then put it in a 350 degree oven for about 5-8 minutes, or until the Brie has softened, but not burst.
- Serve with slices of fresh baguette or crackers, and some apple slices and grapes.