This Hot Buffalo Turkey Dip is a spicy, tangy and creamy dip that’s perfect for your next party! Bake it in a sourdough bread bowl and serve it hot with carrot and celery sticks, and chunks of sourdough bread.
Hot Buffalo Turkey Dip:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded turkey (I made shredded turkey out of turkey filets)
- 1 – 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 cup hot sauce like Frank’s Red Hot
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Bread Bowl and Dippers:
- 1 large sourdough bread bowl
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- First cook the turkey. To do this I like to roast the turkey in a tin foil packet in the oven. Put the turkey filets in the centre of a piece of tin foil and season it generously with salt and pepper, then wrap it up securely. Roast for 25 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through.
- Once the turkey is cooked, shred it into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing. Mix until it is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Add the cooked shredded turkey to the cheese/hot sauce mixture and combine.
- Transfer the mixture into a bread bowl, being careful not to overflow. If you have too much dip , you can save some for later (add it to macaroni & cheese!).
- Wrap the bowl in tin foil and bake for about 1 hour, until it is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with carrot and celery sticks, chunks of sourdough bread, and crackers.