Have you ever taken a weekend or even a night away with your girlfriends? The kind of weekend where there’s a tonne of food and wine and endless conversation? The kind of weekend where you gab until 3AM, then sit around in your jammies with bed head during the day with not a care in the world? You should. These times are good for the soul. Recently I spent this kind of time out at a friends cabin with a group of women and it was amazing. I’ve never really had this kind of experience in my adult life, and what I do know is that I want more of it. Being with smart and caring women changes your view of the world…you feel like part of a tribe, surrounded by women who have your back and will lift you up when you fall. This is an amazing thing. And something I hope to cherish and nurture well into my future. Friends are as necessary as your family…
We kept our recent gals weekend casual with everyone sharing the responsibility of supplying food and drinks…some looked after breakfast, some looked after appetizers or dinner or lunch. This was so fun because it took the load off of the host and ensured we had a HUGE amount of delicious food. Like more than we could possibly eat in one weekend, but we managed! 😉
One of the dishes I brought was this Hot Pizza Dip for the Friday night appetizer. I love bringing this dip to get-togethers because it’s so easy to make and it’s a hit every time. This is the kind of appetizer that you want to sneak off with a spoon to the pantry with. It’s so creamy and cheesy and pizza saucey…so good.
And plop this dish down in front of a group of women gathered together for a gals weekend at the cottage and it will disappear. Ask me how I know? 😉
Aside from the fact that this is the best appetizer around, one of the best things about this dip are all the different combinations you can come up with. Love Hawaiian pizza? Use ham & pineapple. Veggie lover? Use green peppers, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms…you name it. Meat lovers? Use pepperoni, ham & Italian sausage. Omg. Hungry yet?Print
- 1 block of cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 – 213 mL can pizza sauce
- 1 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I use an Italian cheese blend: mozza (provolone, parmesan))
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup small sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a baking dish, spread the block of cream cheese over the bottom of the dish, covering it completely.
- Spread on the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheeses.
- Lay on the pepperoni.
- Add the toppings. I used green pepper, mushrooms and black olives but you can use any toppings that you like!
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
Serve this dip with slices of crusty bread!
– – – – – –
I hope you have the chance to spend some away time with your friends sometime soon…I can’t tell you enough what a fun time it is. And take this dip…I’m pretty sure you’ll love it!