- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- pinch salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugar, until smooth and fluffy.
- Add vanilla. Mix.
- Add pecans, flour and salt. Mix well.
- Using about a 1 inch ball of dough, shape the dough into a crescent and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 14-16 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, in a bowl combine the 1/2 cup sugar and the 4 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
- After the cookies have baked, let them sit for about 5 minutes, then coat them in the sugar/cinnamon mix. Make sure the cookies are warm when you do this (not hot).