We have the best sitter for our kids!
The kids love to have her around, and she always comes with a fun activity for them to do!
This past weekend, when the hubby & I went out to see The Hunger Games, we had her come sit,
and she brought homemade playdough for each of them!
They have been playing with it non-stop, and she left the recipe for us!
It looks easy to make, and the dough is so soft and nice to work with!
Recipe from Mary!
In a medium saucepan combine:
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
In a measuring cup combine:
- 1/4 cup water
- Food colouring of your choice
– Add the water mix and 1 tsp of oil to the flour mix.
– Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to pull together.
– Remove from heat and continue to stir until a ball forms.
– Transfer to the counter and knead a few times.
– As it cools, a crust will form, keep kneading.
– If necessary, wet your hands and work back to the desired consistency.
- If you want dough of different colours, just separate out the dough evenly, and colour as you wish.
- For a fun colour and smell alternative, mix a package of Kool-Aid into the flour before adding water! Too fun!