Make this Playdough in just minutes with simple ingredients! Have fun with the colours!
We have the best sitter for our kids! The kids love to have her around, and she always comes with a fun activity for them to do! This past weekend, when the hubby & I went out to see The Hunger Games, we had her come sit, and she brought homemade playdough for each of them! So fun!
They have been playing with it non-stop, and she left the recipe for us! It looks easy to make, and the dough is so soft and nice to work with!
Recipe from Mary!
How to make Homemade Playdough:
In a medium saucepan combine:
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
In a measuring cup combine:
- 1/4 cup water
- Food colouring of your choice
- Add the water mix and 1 tsp of oil to the flour mix.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until it starts to pull together.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir until a ball forms.
- Transfer to the counter and knead a few times.
- As it cools, a crust will form, keep kneading.
- If necessary, wet your hands and work back to the desired consistency.
Homemade Playdough Tips!
- If you want dough of different colours, just separate out the dough evenly, and colour as you wish.
- For a fun colour and smell alternative, mix a package of Kool-Aid into the flour before adding water! Too fun!