Note: This salad should be refrigerated for 24 hours before serving, so make it the day before you want to eat it!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts (you can find these the Asian food aisle)
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 – 10 oz package frozen peas, leave uncooked
- 1 lb cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- You can use any kind of serving dish that you wish. A 9×13 glass lasagna pan works great. Or a trifle dish…I recommend anything glass so you can see the salad!
- Have your bacon cooked and crumbled. And your hard boiled eggs ready.
- Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and sugar. Mix well. Set aside.
- Layer the ingredients: lettuce, celery, peas, water chestnuts, green pepper, onions.
- Add sliced eggs and bacon (but leave some bacon out to sprinkle on top).
- Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Seal the salad with the mayo mix, making sure to cover the salad mix completely to the edge of the dish.
- NOTE: Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.