This Lemon Bundt Cake is moist and perfectly lemon flavoured. The addition of the extra fresh lemon juice/sugar mix after the cake has baked, really takes this cake to the next level. So delicious. You need to make one.
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon yields about this amount)
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a Bundt pan by rubbing the inside of the pan with butter then dust it lightly with flour. Set aside.
- With a mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Then add the vanilla.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- To the butter mix, add 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 of the fresh lemon juice, then the 1/3 of the flour mix, then 1/2 of the milk. Repeat until all combined.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then turn the cake out onto a plate.
- While the cake is cooling, combine the juice from 1/2 of a lemon with 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Gently poke the cake with a knife, then pour the lemon/sugar mixture over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with icing (confectioners) sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!