This flavourful Lemon Garlic Turkey recipe is delicious and so easy to make! Serve over Orzo Pasta and with Roasted Spring Vegetables.
- 6 turkey fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce:
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 3 small shallots)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup butter
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon zest
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Serve with cooked orzo and roasted spring vegetables, like asparagus and broccolini.
Making the Lemon Garlic Turkey Fillets:
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge the turkey fillets in the flour, shaking off the excess, and set aside.
- In a skillet over low-medium heat, melt the butter and warm the olive oil.
- Once the butter is melted, add the floured turkey fillets.
- Cook the turkey fillets until they are golden brown, so about 4 to 5 minutes for each side. Once cooked (the internal temp should be 165 degrees F), using a slotted spoon, remove the turkey onto a plate and set aside.
- To this same pan add the minced garlic and shallots and saute until soft. Make sure to mix in all the delicious crispy bits!
- Add the wine and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the vegetable stock and butter. Simmer until the sauce reduces slightly…this should take about 5 minutes or so.
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice and lemon zest. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Then add the cooked turkey fillets back to the pan and simmer on low until the turkey is warmed through.
- If you want extra lemon flavour, add a few slices of fresh lemon to the broth, but don’t place them on the turkey.
Putting it all together:
Serve with cooked orzo and roasted spring vegetables. I like to serve everything in one dish, so layer the orzo on the bottom, then layer on the roasted vegetables, and top it off with the Lemon Garlic Turkey. Make sure to drizzle all the lemon garlic sauce from the pan over the turkey! Garnish with fresh lemon slices.