These Mincemeat Muffins are tender, spicy and so festive! And they’re a great way to use up leftover mincemeat.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mincemeat
The Topping: (this is optional if you don’t want to use rum)
- 1 tsp generous of sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, melt the margarine, then stir in the apple juice and eggs. Beat well.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and combine.
- Stir in the mincemeat.
- This recipe will make 12 medium sized muffins, so fill a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full with the batter. Or if you would like a mincemeat centre see the Tips below.
- If you are adding the rum topping, do it at this step. Just mix the rum and sugar together, and add a generous 1 to 2 tsp of the mixture to the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- After they have cooled, sprinkle with some additional plain sugar or vanilla sugar.
If you want an extra bite of mincemeat, you can make a mincemeat centre. To do this, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the bottom of the muffin cup, then add a generous tablespoon of mincemeat, then top off with the remaining 1/3 cup of batter. Bake as directed above.