These are my Mom’s Melt-In-Your-Mouth Sugar Cookies, and they’re the best Christmas cookie!
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup oil, canola or vegetable
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, oil and sugars.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Then add the vanilla. Mix until nice and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix, and combine until fluffy.
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When ready to bake, drop the batter by the tablespoons onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, making sure not to let them brown!
- If you like you can decorate your cookies! Depending on the type of sprinkles you decide to decorate with, you can sprinkle them on before you bake them. The sprinkles I used here are too delicate for baking so I sprinkled them on after.