This Mushroom and Herb Quinoa is a delicious and hearty side dish!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups stock (chicken (beef or vegetable))
- 1/4 cup white wine
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups button mushrooms (cut into quarters)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh parmesan
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions, garlic and oregano and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and stir to coat it in the butter.
- Add the stock and wine, and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until the stock is mostly absorbed.
- At this time, add the mushrooms and cook for about 15 more minutes, or until all the moisture has been absorbed.
- Right before serving, stir in the parmesan cheese and parsley.