These No Bake Mini Grasshopper Pies are a delicious and easy to make dessert! They’re both minty and chocolatey!
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped oreo cookies See instructions. (remove the icing centres first)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Creme de Menthe (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- chocolate shavings
- 5 mini mason jars
- First, remove all the icing centres of your Oreo cookies (about 1/2 a package), and using a food processor, coarsely grind the chocolate cookie parts up. Or if you are feeling really adventurous, keep the icing in! It will just make your dessert more sweet…maybe too sweet? (is that even possible?!)
- In a saucepan, melt the marshmallows with the milk over low heat. Then chill the mixture, stirring it occasionally, until mixture begins to set.
- Once the marshmallow mix has cooled and set, stir in the Creme de Menthe. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Then fold the whipped cream into the mint mixture. Set aside.
Now it’s time to put the pies together!
- For the crust, evenly spread the cookie mixture into the bottoms of your mason jars, then pack it down.
- Add the mint mixture on top of the cookie mixture, evenly spreading it out between the 5 jars.
- If you like, top the mini pies with a little dollop of whip cream, and some chocolate shavings. I just grated some semi-sweet chocolate, and sprinkled it on.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you don’t want to use Creme de Menthe, you can substitute it with 1 tsp of mint extract and a couple drops of green food colouring. Or use mint cookies.