Hi there! How are you? Hungry? I’m always hungry. Seriously. Always. And do I have the best hungry busting breakfast for you today! Just picture this: Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal…mmmmm. It’s peanut buttery, soft and so delicious. This dish would be fantastic for Mother’s Day brunch…
We absolutely love baked oatmeals in our house. They are a warm and hearty breakfast that everyone gobbles up. And I also love the fact that I can get breakfast ready the night before. This makes my mornings sooooo easy. Gotta love that!
You can serve this Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal plain, or with a little jam, or some cream. The. Best.
Seriously, anything with peanut butter is Heaven on Earth for me. An open jar of peanut butter with a spoon…that’s just pure evil temptation. Peanut butter for breakfast = yum.
So are you ready for breakfast? Here’s a menu idea for you:
Brunch Menu Idea:
- Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal, with jam or cream
- Halved Grapefruits
- Slices of strawberries
- Coffee, tea, juice
– – –Print
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- In a bowl, combine the milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, peanut butter and brown sugar. I like to use a small hand blender to make sure the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder, salt and oats.
- Add the oat mixture to the milk mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 glass dish.
- To bake it right away, preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then bake the oatmeal for 25-30 minutes.
- For overnight oatmeal, just cover the dish and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, take it out of the fridge, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake it for 30-40 minutes.
Recipe from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
This breakfast is a major hit in our house. Everyone loves it…it’s definitely a keeper!